Thursday 12 April 2012

Film Review

This is my film review for Blackmail, which was created using Adobe Photoshop CS5. The photograph used on the review was taken at the school office, using a Nikon D3000 SLR camera. The photography was actually taken during the shooting of one of our scenes, so I thought it would be good to use an image from the actual film.

First of all I opened Photoshop and changed the layout of the page to landscape. After this I copied the edited black and white image onto the page and fitted it to about an A4 size, so the other page had an A4 size for writing too. I created a text box in the bottom right hand corner and added text, changed the font size, and simply wrote in the text box 'Film Of The Month'. I done this as it is very typical of a film review page to have something like this on it. Also the red and message will attract attention of the reader.

Next I drew two lines, one landscape way, one portrait to create a box. The box was used to fit in the plot of Blackmail and the verdict of the film. I used two text boxes for the plot and verdict, using different font and font size to differentiate the two texts. I added the title of our film above the Plot, and used a deep red colour which is an on going colour theme used in the Film poster as well. I made up a film review page, and simply called it 'Film Zone'. I feel it's simple and gets to the point, and is relevant to the subject or reviewing films.

Last of all I moved onto adding the features about the cast, directors, certificate, running time and the score using an image of stars. Again I created a text box and used a bold font for the titles of each, and then used normal text to add the names of cast, running time etc. Then the last part to give it that professional look was adding an image of the scoring, by saving an image of some stars from google, I then copied the image onto the page and fitted it just above the film information.

Overall I am very pleased with my film review, and I feel it fits in with the Film noir and Film poster

No comments:

Post a Comment